Cats suffer from arthritis just like people do. Luckily, there are many cat arthritis treatment options.
Cat Arthritis Symptoms
Does your cat exhibit the following symptoms?
- Limping, stiffness, or favoring a limb
- Difficulty getting up after sleeping
- Changes in gait
- Muscle atrophy
- Poor litter box habits (caused by pain from getting in and out of the box)
- No longer running, jumping, or climbing stairs.
If so, consult your veterinarian. Your cat may suffer from arthritis.
Luckily, many cat arthritis treatment options are available.
Western Cat Arthritis Treatment Options
For immediate relief, your veterinarian may recommend a pain reliever.
However, only give your pet a pain reliever intended for cats.
Cats cannot take medications meant for humans or dogs, such as NSAIDs.
Dietary Supplements For Mild Cat Arthritis
Veterinarians often recommend supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate.
These types of supplements are designed to lubricate joints, relieving pain.
Pet parents can administer glucosamine through injections, treats, liquids, and food sprinkles.
Changes Around The Home
Pet stairs and stools can help your cat get around the house easier.
Access to multiple food bowls and to low sided-litter boxes can also help your pet.
A heated cat bed can also make a difference in your pet’s quality of life, especially for older cats.
Holistic Cat Arthritis Treatment: Dok’s Formula
The herbs perform synergistically, balancing systems and meridians in the body.
In addition, Dok’s Formula addresses the underlying causes of your cat’s illness or disease.
The underlying cause of any disease is an imbalance.
Dok’s Formula alleviates your cat’s imbalances and soothes the painful symptoms of illness and disease at the same time.
- Tonifying (strengthen) Kidney Yang
- Dispelling wind, damp and cold
- Invigorating Qi and Blood
- Warming the Channels
- Relieving pain.
Dok’s Formula: Western Medicine Applications
Dok’s Formula helps cats with the following Western diagnoses:
- Chronic joint pain
- Degenerative joint disease
- Hip dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease
Dok’s Formula: Eastern Medicine Applications
Eastern medicine treats a disease’s root cause(s) rather than symptoms.
Accordingly, TCVM vets evaluate cat arthritis differently than Western veterinarians.
TCVM vets look for signs of imbalance.
Dok’s Formula helps cats with the following TCVM signs:
- Bi syndromes
- Cold-Bi syndrome
- Kidney Qi/Yang Deficiency with Wind-Cold-Damp
- Pale or purple tongue
- Weak back.
Warning: Do not give Dok’s Formula to cats with excessive thirst, panting, or heat intolerance.
Also, stop using Dok’s formula if your cat develops vomiting or diarrhea.
More Powerful Cat Arthritis Treatment Tools
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your cat an edge on easing cat arthritis pain.
- Learn more about cat arthritis.
- Try cooking for your cat or feeding a high-quality wet cat food. Home-cooked diets or wet food helps keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your cat’s bones and joints.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your cat’s joints.
- Try Freeze Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for cat arthritis. Some good examples are: