Dog Eczema and Dermatitis Explained
In a nutshell, dog eczema and dermatitis are itchy skin conditions. They make dogs lick, scratch and feel miserable.
Most importantly, either might escalate to a bacterial, yeast or fungal situation.
Canine eczema has two forms, dry and moist. Each form has it’s own signs and symptoms.
With dry eczema, the affected area appears grey, dry and flaky. In addition, the skin may start wrinkling.
In wet eczema, the affected area will appear red and scaly producing a wet discharge. Therefore, “hot spots” is a common nickname for wet eczema.
Dermatitis is a global medical term encompassing many types of skin inflammation. In its early stages, dermatitis shows up as itchy, red, dry skin.
If left untreated, it escalates to scaly skin with painful cracks or oozing blisters.
What Causes Dog Eczema and Dermatitis?
The most common causes of eczema and dermatitis are:
- Skin allergies
- Contact dermatitis
Symptoms of canine eczema and dermatitis include:
- Chewing skin
- Dandruff or flaky skin
- Discolored skin
- Hot spots
- Moist, matted hair
- Open, oozing sores
- Rubbing against furniture
- Scaly skin
- Severe itching
- Signs of pain
- Skin Lesions
- Thickened skin
Above all, both skin diseases often evolve into painful secondary skin infections if left untreated.
Unfortunately, both eczema and dermatitis are recurring, chronic conditions.
Herbal Treatment for Dog Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis
Herbs offer natural gentle relief for chronic conditions like eczema and dermatitis. And, your dog’s body recognizes herbs as food rather than as a foreign substance.
As a result, your dog suffers fewer reactions and side effects than with medication.
Damp Heat Skin Formula is an excellent herbal treatment for dog eczema or dermatitis.
How Damp Heat Skin Formula Treats Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis
Damp Heat Skin Formula is a blend of eight herbs. The interaction of the eight herbs together produces a greater effect than any herb could alone.
Damp Heat Skin Formula:
- Supports your dog’s skin health
- Soothes skin itching and burning
Damp Heat Skin Formula helps dogs with:
The Herbs in Damp Heat Skin Formula
The powerful herbs in Damp Heat Skin Formula are:
- Isatis Root (Ban Len Gen) – soothes inflammation and skin rashes
- Plantain Seed (Che Qian Zi) – soothes inflammation, promotes sputum secretion, promotes urination
- Kochia Fruit (Di Fu Zi ) – soothes inflammation, supports skin, soothes itching
- Talc (Hua Shi) – dries discharges
- Philodendron Bark (Huang Bai) – soothes inflammation, detoxifies
- Chinese Skullcap (Huang Qin) – promotes circulation, relieves stress, supports relaxation
- Sophora Root (Ku Shen) – soothes inflammation, detoxifies, soothes itching and burning
- Rehmannia (Shen Di Huang) – soothes allergic reactions, general health tonic
Herbs work gently and are easy on your dog’s system.
Consequently, herbal blends take longer to work than pharmaceuticals.
However, fewer side effects are worth the wait!
You should see some improvement in roughly two weeks.
After that, dogs usually experience maximum benefits around six weeks.
Note: Information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own veterinarian.