Does your dog suffer from skin and coat allergies? Have you tried turmeric for dogs yet?
What are Dog Skin and Coat Allergies?
How do you know if your dog suffers from skin and coat allergies?
Some sure signs include:
- Hair loss
- Hot spots
- Scaly skin.
Approximately 160 different skin disorders affect dogs of every age, size and breed.
Skin irritation may be caused by:
One way to treat dog skin irritation is with an all-natural supplement.
A supplement containing turmeric can improve your dog’s skin and coat naturally.
What Is Turmeric?
A member of the ginger family, the yellow powder associated with turmeric actually comes from the root.
Turmeric is commonly found in the spice section of the grocery store.
However, it is easiest to administer to dogs when given in the form of a supplement.
Vet Classics Allergy Skin and Coat Soft Chews contains Omegas, DHA, and EPA to help support proper skin moisture and respiratory health.
It also provides a source of natural antioxidants to help support a healthy immune system and assist in combating environmental pollutants.
Because of turmeric’s bioavailability and absorption rate, it is best to give your pet turmeric in the form of a treat created specifically for dogs.
Why Is Turmeric Beneficial For Dogs?
Health benefits of turmeric for dogs may include:
- Digestive aid
- Pain relief.
More than 6,000 studies of turmeric’s health benefits exist.
Alleviate Pain Associated With Skin Irritation
Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin.
This compound contains anti-inflammatory properties and may be a more gentle alternative to ibuprofen and aspirin.
Anti-inflammatories help dogs with the pain and itching associated with allergies.
Turmeric boasts naturally-occurring antihistamine properties.
It can work as a decongestant.
Because of turmeric’s digestive benefits, dogs with food allergies may experience relief.
Studies suggest turmeric can help with bile production, aiding digestion.
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Allergy Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing allergy challenges.
- Learn more about dog allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO Limited Ingredient Diet is naturally low in ingredients that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Mushroom Blend eases inflammatory response and allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO Harmonize GI boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are:
- Try Vet Classics Allergy Skin and Coat Soft Chews with Omega-3 fatty acids and turmeric root